What’s a title tag?
- A title tag is the blue heading you see on the SERP
- It’s just as critical as a headline as it tells both users and search engines what they’ll find on your page
A good title tag helps SEO by:
- Increasing a page’s relevance to themes and keywords.
- Attracting clicks from searchers, thereby improving CTR (click through rate).
SEO best practice for writing title tags
- Keep the length between 55 and 65 characters (Max 512 pixels)
- Ensure that your title tag accurately describes the page’s content
- Use the page’s primary keywords at the start of your title tag
- Each title tag must be unique for each page
- Include an enticing a call to action
- Avoid repeating keywords
Where does my title tag go?
- In <head> section of the HTML code.
- Most CMSs – including WordPress – have a field where you can easily add your title tag.
Stay In The Know
Cut the clutter and stay on top of important news like this. We handpick the single most noteworthy news of the week and send it directly to subscribers. Join the club to stay in the know…